Best Ford C-Max Battery For Car Audio That Delivers a Longer Lasting Performance
So, what are the differences between Lithium-ion and AGM batteries? Are lithium batteries well worth the money?
Lithium-ion batteries offer many advantages over AGM batteries. They’re smaller, lighter, and offer a better DOD (depth of discharge) rate than AGM batteries. However, lithium batteries also are vulnerable to heat, cold and may get damaged with incorrect charging methods. Finding a backup C-Max lithium battery for a car audio music system isn’t a simple task. It’s even more frustrating to affect a dead battery.
That’s why we are here to assist you to select the simplest 12volt battery and make your car have the simplest sounding system.
- ACDelco 94RAGM – Professional AGM Automotive BCI Group 94R Battery
- NORTHSTAR NSB-AGM35 – Pure Lead Automotive Group 35 Battery
- Optima 8004-003 – 34/78 RedTop Starting Battery
- Optima 8014-045 – D34/78 YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery
- Optima Batteries 8025-160 – RedTop Starting
- Odyssey PC680 – Lead-Acid, AGM
- ACDelco ACDB24R – ACDelco ACDB24R Advantage AGM Automotive
- ExpertPower EXP1290-2 – 12v 9ah Sealed Lead Acid Battery
- Kinetik HC600 BLU Series – Black Power Cell Battery
- DieHard 02838228 – Advanced Gold AGM Battery.
Tips: If you plan to add a lithium battery to your car audio. Remember that you simply cannot charge it with a typical charger used for quality batteries. Because of the way the lithium battery works, the charger is specially designed for this type of kit.
You’re going to need additional parts and pieces for a secure operation using your C-Max lithium car audio setup. CTEK Lithium US Automatic charger. It’s a very simple plug-and-play charger and doesn’t require any additional equipment.
Why Use Lithium Batteries For C-Max Car Audio?
C-Max lithium batteries are on the increase for car audio systems. Music fans like to listen to music in the car for a long time. So they are very interested to know what kind of battery they use in their car, the battery will last a long time. If the car’s audio system is large or needs to run for a long time, it is required at high voltage. Higher Voltage means more power, which successively gives you a louder system. That is the goal right, if your answer is yes, then read this topic in detail.
If you don’t want to use a compression kit. C Max lithium battery for car audio is a superb solution for the mainstream. Some batteries need to be re-compress before use, the individual batteries are expanded under no compression. If you are not comfortable doing it, this is NOT for you. The actual capacity of the battery may vary depending on the mileage of the vehicle and other conditions applied. If you can not accept certain capacity loss, please buy a NEW battery and DO NOT BUY USED BATTERY!
Also, lithium is the battery type that doesn’t affect the audio system. It affects how long the power runs how much power can be contained in the same physical space and the time longevity of a battery compared to other materials.
There are lots of different chemistries for Lithium batteries. There are different types of chemical makeups of Li-Ion batteries, the 787 has Li-CoO2 (Lithium Cobalt Oxide). Some are more at risk of thermal runaway, some are not. The most vulnerable chemistries are also the highest energy density. So Boeing used that method, as did Tesla. Effectively nobody else in the EV industry does, so the batteries in our C-Max’s have a lower energy density but are much safer.
Some Safety Tips.
Any battery that shorts will potentially start a fire as low resistance and high current capacity would be a problem. Use a battery case to prevent shorts from incidental metal contact.
Make sure the battery thermal sensor working properly. If the temperature is getting high, the thermal sensors are located near the high-voltage battery. It will automatically disable the high-voltage battery.
Also, high-quality Lithium is made by Panasonic which is better for C-Max. The information is the manufacture specifications of the Lithium Cells.
|Cell Specifications||Cell Voltages|
|5 7/8inch (148mm) long.|
1 1/16 inch (27mm) wide.
3 9/16 inch (91 mm) tall.
4 7/16 inch (113mm) tall with terminals.
Terminal size: M5 0.8 1lb 8oz
|4.2V = 100% SOC (Absolute Max)|
4.1V = 90% SOC (Recommended Max)
3.7V = 70% SOC
3.5V = 20% SOC (Recommended Min)
3V = 0% SOC.
C-Max Hybrid Lithium-Ion Battery Cell Specifications.
According to 2015, Ford C-Max lithium-ion battery test result was in good condition. The battery tested at 5.5Amp/h from Max 4.2V to Min 2.75V. It was 100A continuous discharge including bus bars.
The number of cells is 38 construction in series. Length 25″, Width 71/2″ (120mm) and width 51/8 (85mm).
The material is used in this battery is hard carbon. The average voltage is 3.7VDC. Peak current 150Amp/h. Battery cell length 43/4″(120) and width 1/2″(13mm).
What is Busbar?
Busbar is typically made from copper or aluminum it is also rigid and flat. Busbars are solid metal bars used to carry current. They have no insulation and are separated by a separate enclosure. Busbars are capable to carry a large amount of current than cables with the same cross-section area.
New C-Max hybrid fusion high-quality lithium-ion batteries made by Panasonic. Lithium-ion battery 20 cells are tested at capacity 5Amp/h from low 2.8V and high 4.2V and nominal 3.7V. Lithium cell length 57/8″ (148mm), Width 11/16″ (27mm) and height 39/16″ (91mm). Read our buying guide before buying a battery.
Difference Between Prismatic and Cylindrical Type Battery Cells.
Cylindrical Type Battery Cells.
One of the most popular battery types is cylindrical and it’s like the 18650s, the 2060s, 2050s there’s a bunch of them.
But these are all built exactly the same way as steel canisters are built-in as pressure valves. Inside the battery is if something goes wrong pressure will build inside and gasses that are created are not in there. So when that gas gets above a Certain pressure then that valve gets released and then pressure gets released. These are very safe among the safest batteries.
Occasionally they do go wrong. Something goes wrong and the fire gets started, but probably there are billions and trillions of these batteries now that they’ve been used for the last 30 years.
Prismatic Battery Cells.
Also, there is another one coming up and it’s becoming more popular these days are the prismatic cells. So these don’t have a metal canister and If something goes wrong. They will puncture and inflate like a balloon. Those soft casings are just a little metallic and plastic. The battery inside is already gassing right and that’s because it’s old and it needs to be replaced.
We are going to talk about that specific subject. It’s kind of a hybrid cell also it’s a prismatic cell but its case is a metallic shell. But the problem is that because the sides are so flat. If you don’t compress these ( it’s got a valve this is the actual valve ) when it gasses out and the pressure goes above a certain amount. Then this gets punctured and the gas and the pressure get released through the valve keeping this battery safe without burning the risk of exploding.
But the problem is we’re using a bunch of these batteries to build different battery arrangements right for 12 volts for 48 or whatever. Then what happens is that a lot of people out there are not compressing these batteries and it doesn’t let the internal pressure hit the mark or hit the threshold. So the valve can blow as a result of your entire battery pack doing like this.
If you don’t compress them in order to let the safety valve do its job. What you have to do is when you build one of these batteries you have to compress it and basically, you just have to restrict the cells from expanding and ballooning.
Ford C-Max Hybrid Battery Problems.
Top 8 Cause Of Ford C-Max Hybrid 12v Battery Draining Problems.
It’s (You) human error. Maybe you have done this at least once in your lifetime. You just come home from work very tired and forget to turn off the headlights and don’t completely close the trunk. Also forgot about some internal lights. The battery drains Overnight. As a result In the morning, your car won’t start. Many latest cars alert you whenever you’ve left your lights on. But maybe you won’t get an alert for other components.
After the key is turned off, the parasitic drain is due to components in your vehicle continuing to run. Some parasitic drain is normal because your battery delivers enough energy to keep things operational at all times like your clock, radio presets, and security alarm.
However, if there is an electrical problem such as poor installation, faulty wiring, and defective fuses, the parasitic drain can exceed what’s normal and deplete the battery.
Your car battery can drain even while you’re driving If your charging system isn’t working properly. Many cars power their radio, lights, and other electrical devices from the alternator which can make the battery drain worse. If the alternator may have loose belts or worn-out tensioners that keep it from working properly it causes a charging problem. Your battery won’t get enough charge from the alternator.
A car alternator powers certain electrical systems like lights, radio, automatic windows, and air-conditioning and also recharge the battery. If your alternator has a bad diode your battery can drain all the time. A bad alternator diode can cause a circuit to charge even when the engine is shut off. Then you will face a common issue, in the morning your car won’t start.
Extreme Temperature Weather.
The Lead sulfate crystals can build up when it’s extremely hot over 100 degrees or cold under 10 degrees temperatures. If the car is left in such conditions for too long the sulfate build-up causes damage to long-term battery life. Also, it could take a long time to charge your battery in these environments especially if you only drive short distances.
Excessive Short Drives.
If you take too many short drives a battery may wear out before its time. The battery puts out the most power when starting the car. If you turn off the vehicle before the alternator gets a chance to recharge enough the battery could continuously die anywhere or doesn’t seem to be to last long.
Corroded or Loose Battery Cables.
While driving the charging system cannot top off your battery. Your battery connection should be checked for dirt or signs of corrosion maybe they could have corroded. If the battery connections have corroded clean using a cloth or toothbrush. Loose battery cables spark and make it difficult to start the engine too as they cannot transfer the electrical current efficiently.
It’s an Old Battery.
Your Ford C Max battery (12v) will not hold a full charge well If the battery is old or weak. If your car consistently won’t start as possible via battery is worn out, you should generally replace your C Max battery every 3 to 4years. If your C Max battery is old or poorly maintained may die regularly.
Finally what to do with a battery that keeps dying.
Having a battery that won’t hold a charge is frustrating of course. It could be tricky to find out what’s causing the problem. Assuming that the cause of the battery drain is not human error. You will need the help of a qualified mechanic who can diagnose and fix electrical problems. Maybe it could be a dead battery or something else in the electrical system.
What Are The Problems Of Ford C-Max Hybrid 12v Battery Dead?
Batteries can die for a huge range of different reasons and there’s always a chance that whatever went wrong won’t go wrong again. But when your car battery keeps dying over and over again it’s pretty sure that there’s an internal problem. You need to be dealt with before you end up stranded somewhere on the side of the road. So here are six short and sweet reasons while your battery keeps dying.
Headlights or dome lights are left on.
Headlights or even a very dim dome light will drain a battery dead overnight. So when it’s dark outside don’t forget to check the interior lights. Some headlights are designed to remain on for a while but a malfunctioning system may leave them on permanently.
The battery is a weak or poor condition.
A poorly maintained or weak battery may not hold a charge very well. Even small drains like the memory function in your car radio may kill a very weak battery.
Corroded or loose battery connections.
Corroded battery connections can prevent the charging system from topping off your battery when you are driving loose battery connections can also cause problems.
Other parasitic drains in the electrical system.
Parasitic drains can be difficult to find. But they are fully capable of killing batteries common drains include glovebox and trunk lights that come on or remain on when they shouldn’t.
Extremely hot or cold temperatures.
Hot or cold weather will not ruin new or well-shaped batteries. But a weak or old battery can fail in extreme situations. Extremely hot or cold weather can exacerbate other underlying problems with the six charging systems. If a battery appears to die while you drive, the charging system may be faulty with a loose or extended belt, and worn tensioners may prevent an alternator from working.
Where To Sell Ford C-Max Hybrid Completely Dead Battery.
There are still plenty of options for selling your dead hybrid and 12v battery. The battery core is really valuable. You can use the money from the sale of your old battery to fund the purchase of a new battery.
You can sell your 12v and hybrid battery to:
- A dealership.
- A junkyard or scrapyard.
- A private individual.
- An online battery buyer.
If you want to replace your car battery as soon as possible, trading your hybrid battery into a dealership may be a good idea. However, due to an old battery, you might get a low trade-in value for the battery. But at least it will save you some money.
Junkyards and scrap yards specialize in tearing apart vehicles and reusing the components and metal inside. You can be paid for the battery if you sell it to them. You can get ideas from your nearest yard and online stores to determine how much your battery is worth. Remember that not all junkyards buy old batteries because hybrid batteries are so complex and hard to recycle.
Many private individuals in your area may be interested in purchasing and fixing up hybrid batteries. In some cases, this is the best way to get the most for your car battery. However, this depends on the needs of your local area. Personally, it can take weeks to months to complete the sale.
How Ford C-Max 12v Battery Completely Dead Because of Radio?
If your Ford C-Max car radio was not turning off when the car was turned off and was continuously putting a vampire drain on the battery. Which causes your ford C-Max battery can’t reserver enough charge for cranking again. This occurred even when you manually turned off the radio before turning off the engine.
You should do proper maintenance of your car battery. And follow these simple steps when your car battery draining or completely dead because of the radio.
Ford C-Max Hybrid ACM (Audio Control Module) Freezes. The solution is Here!
Most importantly If your ACM (Audio Control Module) freezes and the whole system completely fails. So they need to be reset. Follow these steps to reset.
- Your car audio is frozen/lock up, so keep the radio on.
- Look for fuse front passenger side (Fuse 79) check owner manual or fuse cover for sure.
- Then pull the fuse and wait for 10 seconds.
- Then put the fuse back.
- That’ll force a reboot on the ACM it will be working again.
- Then you can manually turn off the radio.
- Also, a temporary power source might be installed to avoid the possibility of losing radio presets or stored data in the PCM while the battery is out. When the battery is already completely dead, this step is unnecessary.
- Sometimes ACM (Audio Control Module) freezes or locks up, which causes battery drain. If you did not find the solution with any of these. Then take your car to a mechanic to check.
- There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) on other Ford models for this exact issue that calls for a calibration update to get it properly fixed.
The most possible cause is the “Fuse 79” check that you can do yourself to save money and time. These steps are written by a mechanics opinion according to Ford C-Max Hybrid. A Mechanic’s advice is always to turn off your electrical devices before turning off and turning on the engine.
Few Solution Of Your Ford C-Max Hybrid 12v Battery Problems. You Should Check!
Problem 1- Sometimes your ford C-Max hybrid does not start. Here, give you a little trick, let’s try first and it’ll save you a whole lot of time and money.
- Over on the side of the steering wheel where you would normally put a key in most vehicles. There’s a slot right here where you can see it pretty well.
- There’s also a communication symbol right underneath that slot.
- Then you take your key fob and you hold it up against that slot. Sometimes you may just have to move it around a little bit to find that sweet spot.
- At that point, you push the brake and you push the start button to start the car. It should startup for you.
Keep in mind if your battery is too low you may have to need a jumper for a jump start.
Problem 2- Ford C-max hybrid 12-volt battery did not stay charged. Sometimes the battery died overnight and there were no warning indicators illuminated. The failure recurred several times.
Solution 2- The battery needs to recharge and restart the vehicle. Also, a jumpstart could be helpful to start your car. If it’s not working, call a mechanic to restart your car and perform a diagnostic test.
Problem 3- If your Ford C-Max hybrid has been resting for about a month. The common reason is the battery is dead.
So when you trying to start your vehicle you can’t start. Also, get a message “system off to save battery please turn ignition off or start engine”. If you keep pushing the button nothing will happen except getting the massage. So you don’t need to panic cause here is your solution.
Solution 3- When you get this message “system often to save battery, please turn ignition off or
start engines”. Then you just need a jump starter, a jump starter will work perfectly for you. I hope you can use these tips on your Ford C-Max Hybrid.
Why Ford C Max trunk won’t open manually?
When your Ford C-Max battery goes dead or is disconnected, you can’t open your ford C-Max trunk automatically where your battery is located. You can open the trunk by pulling the trunk release handle located near the rear seat.
Why Ford C Max trunk won’t open automatically?
If your Ford C-Max battery is dead, you can’t open your ford C-Max trunk automatically. So first you need to open the driver’s door and the hood manually. Then you need a jump starter to start your car. To do it, find the jump-start terminals under the hood to power up the car battery. Now you can open the trunk by pressing the button on the dashboard or keyfob.
Portable C-Max Battery Bank For Jump Starter.
Need a reliable portable car battery charger is vital for bad weather, vehicles with older batteries. Also, unforeseen circumstances may require a jump start. Here you can find a portable C Max battery bank for your car jump starter.
- Hulkman Alpha 85 : Best Overall.
- NOCO Boost GBX55 : Best Runner-up.
- Weego 44s : Best Value.
- Hulkman Alpha 85S : Best In Subzero Temperatures.
- Weego Crankenstein : Best For Heavy-Duty Use.
Bestselling Jump Starters on Amazon
- NOCO Boost Plus GB40
- HULKMAN Alpha85 Jump Starter
- Imazing Portable Car Jump Starter
- NOCO Boost X GBX45 1250A 12V UltraSafe Portable Lithium Jump Starter
- GOOLOO Jump Starter
- Clore Automotive Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 Peak Amp 12 Volt Jump Starter
- NOCO Boost XL GB50 1500 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter Box
- Nexpow 2000A Peak 18000mAh Car Jump Starter
- Clore Automotive Jump-N-Carry JNC770R 1700 Peak Amp Premium 12 Volt Jump Starter – Red.
- AVAPOW Car Battery Jump Starter Portable.
If you have ever been unlucky enough to seek out that your C-Max battery is dead and won’t start on a cold morning. You recognize how important it’s to be ready to get a fast jump. Luckily, there’s an answer to the present stressful situation. Owning a portable jump starter offers a kind of insurance against having to wait for someone to assist.
5 Things To Understand Before Buying A Portable Car Battery For Ford C-Max Hybrid.
- Its primary purpose. Why are you using it?
Most car battery jump starters and battery chargers offer flexibility. But some portable car jump starter options are more limited in what you’ll do with them. If you are not worried about running a little television when the power fails. You probably shouldn’t worry about getting a portable automobile battery with a built-in AC inverter. Before pursuase confirm the battery pack features have enough power and are right for your needs.
- Starting amps. This is often particularly important if you propose to use your portable battery primarily for its original purpose jump-starting engines. An enormous V8 engine particularly a diesel could require upwards of 500 amperes current to turnover on a chilly day. If that’s, Starting a four-cylinder engine with a battery jump starter can be much more difficult for you. Most manufacturers rate their portable car starters and motorcycle jump starter batteries for different kinds of engines. So read the owner manual for your jump starter battery. Search for starting or cranking amps and do not worry much about the height amp figures.
- Total storage capacity. Usually measured in amp-hours or milliamp-hours (1,000 mAh equals 1 Ah). This matters more if you propose to use your portable jump starter battery as a backup power source. A better number means more electrical storage capacity. Typical portable batteries are rated from five to 22 amp-hours.
- Chemistry. Portable car batteries still run the gamut, from sealed lead acid battery options to absorbent glass mat to lithium jump battery starter and, recently, ultracapacitors. The chemistry matters less for ultimate utility and more for weight, size, and, to a lesser extent, cost. If you would like something you’ll confine your glove box. It’s probably not going to be a sealed lead-acid accumulator booster.
- Features. All of the possible options are useful, but again, the difficulty is size and weight. Add all of the features in one unit and therefore the jump starter gets much bulkier, with a weight exceeding 30 pounds. For a few purposes camping trips for instance which will not matter much. On the opposite hand, you’ll not want to be carrying one of the larger portable car batteries around in your C-Max. Some manufacturers, including the highly-rated Antigravity brand, are beginning to offer separate accessories, kind of a little, powerful compressor. That works with their paperback-size lithium-polymer jump starter batteries, but this approach tends to feature the value.
Tips For Starting A Car With Jumper Cable.
Now having a dead car battery can run you the risk of being stranded and though the kindness of strangers is really helpful and don’t really do anything without a set of these jumper cables.
Determine the exact cause your car won’t start. If the engine cranks when you turn the key the problem is not the battery. Similarly if the accessories work (windshield wipers, lights, and heat blower) the battery is probably fine and the starter may be down. A jump start will not solve anything. Otherwise breakout jumper cables and hail another motorist.
- Open both car hoods to make sure that the battery voltages match, in most cases they do.
The cars should not be touching.
- Turn off the booster car.
- Attach the red cable end to the positive terminal on the dead battery.
(Wipe it clean with a rag to identify it or remember that the positive terminal is slightly larger than the negative side).
- Attach the other end of the red cable to the booster battery’s positive terminal.
- Put the black jumper cables end to the booster battery’s negative terminal and attach the other end of the cable to the ground on the dead car’s engine.
- Any solid metal part works fine looking for unpainted areas.
- Stand back from the hood areas and do not light a cigarette.
- You may see a normal spark go off the last connection.
- Turn on the booster car rev the engine.
- Five minutes later start your car. if it doesn’t start, jiggle each cable end and try again.
- Once the car starts, disconnect the cables in reserve order of attachment.
- Keep the jumped car’s engine running for at least 20 minutes for the battery to recharge. Let it burn, you’re good.
Never jumpstart a frozen battery if the solution inside the battery is frozen it could cause an explosion.
Ford C-Max Hybrid Jump Start Step by Step.
If you’re conversant in starting a daily vehicle, then you ought to feel the right reception with the Ford C-Max battery. In fact, the steps are basically identical!
Here is a couple of things you should note:
- You should not attempt to push-start your vehicle.
- You can use only a 12-volt supply to start out the C-Max and,
- You should not attempt to disconnect the battery of the disabled vehicle.
- Even though your C-Max actually has its 12-volt battery within the trunk, there are two prongs under its hood – very similar to during a traditional vehicle – that permit you to jump it.
Step 1: Park both vehicles on the brink of one another. However, they ought to not touch. Apply the handbrake.
Step 2: Remove access corrosion from battery terminals. Activate the heater fan for both vehicles (this will protect them from electrical surges) and switch other accessories off.
Step 3: Connect the positive prong with the positive cable of the vehicle that needs the jump. Then connect the positive cable to the positive terminal on the vehicle giving the jump start.
Step 4: Connect the negative terminal with the negative cable of the vehicle that is giving the jump. Then you’ll connect the negative cable to the negative prong on the vehicle getting the jump start.
Step 5: Start the vehicle giving the jump start and apply the accelerator a touch. Then start the vehicle receiving the jump start. Search for the “ready to Drive” light on the control panel.
Step 6: When the disabled vehicle can start, run both vehicles for about three minutes. You’ll then remove the jumper cables. But they need to be removed within the exact reverse order they were connected in. You ought to let your C-Max sit in “Ready to Drive” mode for a couple of minutes. So your high-voltage battery can still charge your 12-volt battery.
Why Choose Original Ford C-Max Hybrid Battery For Replacement?
The C-Max Hybrid is Ford’s first hybrid compact and continues the tradition of well-designed hybrid vehicles. Ford is one of America’s best automotive companies. When it comes time to exchange the first hybrid C-Max battery. You’ll calculate our replacement hybrid battery to revive your C-Max to like-new condition and supply years of steady performance. You won’t be disappointed with the performance of this C-Max battery, we can guarantee it. You’ll love what proportion you save compared to purchasing it elsewhere.
This Original hybrid C-Max battery cell is compatible with all the Ford C-Max Hybrid vehicle Models. With a three-year warranty and multiple installation options. Best Hybrid Batteries is decided to form sure you’ve got the simplest experience when choosing your replacement C-Max hybrid battery.
Why Your Ford C-Max Hybrid Battery Is So Important?
In general, if you want to drive your hybrid car, you must have a functional hybrid battery in your car. Although the engine plays a role in keeping the car running, the hybrid battery transfer seems uninterrupted while driving. So Hybrid batteries are essential for later driving. The advantage of having a hybrid battery is that it will benefit you by saving you fuel.
Ford C-Max Hybrid Battery Location in Your Car.
Under the boot cover/Trunk of the C-Max Hybrid, you would possibly first think that the C-Max battery was located under the bonnet. Nope, they only put it as far back as they will and make it as awkward as possible to get at. The picture below shows where the hybrid battery and the 12v battery are located.
What To Check Before Ford C-Max Hybrid 12v Battery Replacement?
When you want to buy a hybrid car, whether it’s for the convenience of the environment or just to get more miles per gallon, its efficiency depends on the battery. Presumably, its hybrid car batteries should last with the life of the car if it is taken well care of. However, errors can develop and it’s useful to know the warning signs of a dead battery. Here are five signs that you need to go to your dealer to test the batteries.
Fewer Miles to the Gallon.
You probably keep an eye on your gas mileage as a conscious driver. A number of factors can affect your MPG(Mileage Per Gallon), such as cold weather or incorrect tire pressure. But if you find that if are visiting the gas station more often than usual, it may be that your electric power isn’t taking over from your internal combustion as it should. This may be an indication that the battery is not charging at its full capacity or not holding the charge as long as you expect.
Erratic Engine Input.
Irregular running of the engine is one of the indications of a battery problem. The engine working longer than usual or stopping irregularly can cause problems that you need to check. Problems can be caused by a variety of reasons but it can also be a sign of a dead battery.
The state of Charge.
If you notice on the dashboard that the charge is fluctuating irregularly while driving, this may indicate a problem. The problem may be with the charging system but it is more likely to be a symptom of a failing battery. The problem is so serious that you need to be checked by a mechanic.
The battery must be discharged after a certain time. If it is a relatively high discharge then there is a problem with the charging connection, which may be one of the reasons for the battery problem. If the battery is charged excessively or low through the system, also high discharge and parasitic drain can shorten battery life.
Mechanical issues such as damaged wiring, corrosion, or bent pins can also have a detrimental effect on the charging system.
Ford C-Max Battery (12volt) Disconnecting Details Explanation.
Firstly, before handling the way to the Ford C-Max battery disconnect. We’ll offer you a couple of hints on the way to do that procedure securely and prevent you from wasting time. A number of them will certainly seem to be evident to you, but you’ll have to be cautious before disconnecting.
Before doing anything on your car, you want to always place it on a flat surface with the hand brake on to stop any movement of the Ford C-Max.
The C-Max battery in your car is an energy accumulator, and may likely generate a deadly charge to humans. So you will need to keep in mind, wearing jewelry or metal items away from when checking car ignition. Make sure you take as little risk as possible.
Moreover, to be filled with energy, the battery is going to be filled with acid. A really corrosive chemical that will do tons of injury to your skin. As a preventative measure, wear rubber gloves and goggles to guard yourself against splashing.
To finish once you attend the step to disconnect the cable from the C-Max battery terminal. Don’t touch the 2 terminals of your battery, you’ll cause a brief short together with your body as a conductor.
Let’s start now, the part that definitely brings you here. The way to disconnect your Ford C-Max battery.
- So, after having taken all the precautions we listed just before. So you’ll finally be ready to attack the removal of the battery from your car.
- For this, it’ll be quite easy. First, you’ll need to remove the plastic covers that protect the terminals of your C-Max battery. Verify the state of your terminals, if they’re oxidized or very dirty. (We advise you to use a soft wire brush and baking soda to wash them before disassembling).
- Once the cleaning is achieved. You’ll first need to remove the negative battery terminal of your car using a nut and bolt (this is the black cable with a “-” sign). Always during this way because it is attached to the car chassis. If you initially remove the positive terminal (red cable with a “+” sign) and touch a part of the chassis, it might trigger a brief circuit.
- Now you need to disconnect the positive terminal from your Ford C-Max battery.
Once both terminals are disconnected, disconnect the battery from the engine compartment of your car.
- To achieve this, you only need to remove the rod and therefore the clamp. which is usually held by a nut or a Torx bolt, and take it out of its place.
- Take care though, A battery weighs very heavy, take care and forcefully. Also, believe in taking it out vertically to steer clear of any acid leakage.
That’s it, you’ve just learned the method for a way to disconnect a Ford C-Max battery. If you respect all the security instructions, everything should go well.
How To Complete Ford C-Max Battery (12volt) Replacement?
- Socket wrench:10mm and 8mm sockets.
- ¼” Drive ratchet handle with a 2-4” extension.
- T25 Torx screwdriver (i used a t25 bit in a portable drill).
- A vise-grips; not expected.
- Also liquid wrench.
- Pliers are maybe useful.
Look under the car and check the 1 inch approximately of the screw sticking from out of the bottom of the battery box (the end of the battery holds down). It if is corroded, spray with penetrating oil. Doing this first will give the penetrating oil a while to, well, penetrate. After this you would like to:
- Lift the softcover just inside the hatch and prop with something.
- Remove 3 T25 black screws along the highest edge of the large plastic liner that covers the battery and has the small white funnel in it.
- Remove the 10mm nut just to the left of the positive terminal of the battery. The final thing holding the liner in.
- Pull back the top edge of the liner and at a constant time lift the rear edge. It should pop and out.
- The left 2/3 of the space now visible features a fan and duct for the HVB.
Ford C-Max Battery Removal Procedure.
- Loosen (don’t remove) the 10mm on the negative pole.
- Lift the terminal off and swing left. (On mine, the terminal could be caught under the edge of the hatch carpet to hold in place).
- Can wrap a cloth or plastic or sock or a plastic bag over the end if it doesn’t want to stay out of the way.
- Loosen the 10mm bolt on the positive terminal.
- Since the negative is disconnected, it won’t arc, but it doesn’t hurt to be careful to avoid contacting the wrench handle to metal.
- Lift positive terminal assembly left and out of the way.
Removing the C-Max battery hold down proved very difficult. An extended screw with an 8mm head sticks up from the plastic hold down, then turned without unfastening.
- Turns out it screws into a bit under the C-Max battery holder then under the car.
- Then go under the bumper to get to that. But it’s not thus far in easy reach. I ended up using vise grips and a liquid wrench.
- One hand holding the vise-grips under the car. And the opposite turning the wrench on the 8mm hold-down screw inside the C-Max battery box.
- Lift out the battery hold down (black t-shaped plastic with the long screw). Pliers might help to pull up the plastic hold down.
- Tip the pos end of the battery up and pull back partway.
- Unfasten the rubber gas tube from the negative end of the battery. (it is friction fit into a hole slightly below the top of the battery along the edge farthest far away from you).
- Then lift the C-Max battery out at an angle.
- On the Energi, remove a metal cross piece over the rear of the battery (not necessary on c-max).
- Insert new battery part way and fasten out-gassing tube in a new battery. Slide battery the rest of the way in.
- Easiest to fasten a negative terminal with the battery not all the way back (so before reattaching hold down).
- Then with the negative terminal attached push the battery all the way back. Because it catches under the lip of a back hold down.
- Then attach the front hold down, then post terminal assembly.
- Pop the cover back in and replace 3 Torx screws and 1/10mm nut.
Some vehicles, for example, some models of BMW, VW, and Audi, may require PCM programming to input battery parameters. This step, performed using a specialized scan tool, is necessary to maximize battery life and prevent electrical system malfunctions.
When replacing the C-Max battery keep in mind:
- The quality of the electrical connections to the C-Max battery posts is vital. Connections must be clean, freed from corrosion, and properly tightened.
- Batteries store a large amount of energy and if short-circuited A C-Max battery could explode and may create intense discharges which will damage your eyesight. Insulated tools should be used to attach cabling to battery terminals. Otherwise, the battery’s positive cables are often shortened to the bottom or the positive and negative posts are often directly shorted. Batteries can only be safely installed from a positive terminal to positive wiring and from a negative terminal to body ground. If the polarity is reversed damage will likely occur to the vehicle’s electrical system.
- Batteries should only be disconnected if the engine is off and therefore the alternator isn’t running. Disconnecting C-Max battery while the alternator is running can cause a voltage spike which will damage sensitive electronic components within the vehicle, like the PCM.
How Much Does Ford C-Max Battery (12volt) Replacement Cost?
Ford C Max hybrid 12v battery replacement costs between $179 and $190 on average. Labor costs are estimated between $44 and $56 while parts are priced at $135. Instead, a failed hybrid car battery can cost thousands of dollars to exchange, which is often a big deal to a client who bought a hybrid to save lots of money. The system can operate in all-electric mode at speeds of up to 85 mph, with the engine kicking in just as required to power. Remember this is just a minimum idea, the cost could be different according to location.
How Ford C-Max Hybrid Start-Stop Work?
In order to understand the role of energy-saving mode. It’s important to briefly understand how a car starts. Know that once you turn the key within the ignition it’ll activate the battery of your vehicle. This may provide electricity to the starter. The latter may be a small electric motor which can run the engine of your car.
When the engine is turned on, it’ll create energy that can be recovered by an alternator. Also, it’ll recharge the C-Max battery with electricity. Therefore the battery is an important element. Because it’ll allow the energy necessary to stay your car stationary, operate all accessories of your car like radio, light. And eventually, she is going to allow you to start out your ford c-max. Moreover, once you have trouble turning on your vehicle.
Now you ought to understand the usefulness of this mode a touch better. The latter is meant to cut the accessories after a particular period of your time in order to stay in the battery of your vehicle. Without it and you forgot to show off the radio, the headlights, or a light-weight in your ford c-max. During this case, it’s likely that you simply won’t be ready to restart.
Ford C-Max Battery Energy Saving Mode and Eco Mode.
Ford C-Max Battery Energy Saving Eco Mode.
To begin with, it’s important to not confuse the energy-saving mode which has the role of preserving the battery of your car, and therefore the eco mode which is meant for decreasing fuel consumption. Thus the eco mode will make your vehicle more ecological and the energy-saving mode will allow you to restart your car.
Eco mode is deactivated by a button on the dashboard of your Ford C-max or if you press the accelerator hard because you’ll be ready to drive normally without this mode. Regarding the energy-saving mode, this is often not an option, it’s automatic because the battery may be a vital piece of your car. If it drains you’ll not restart and you’ll be stuck, and you’ll need to relight it with pliers or a portable battery.
System Off To Save Ford C-Max Battery Energy.
Therefore, the energy-saving mode will activate and turn off automatically according to the quantity of electricity present in your C-Max battery. So once you remove the ignition from your ford c-max and check out to switch on the radio. You run the danger of getting the message:
- Energy-saving mode activated.
- Displayed on the console.
- Then a couple of minutes later it’ll turn off.
If you would like to get rid of the energy-saving mode to listen to music. You’ll get to start your vehicle to start out the engine to supply the required energy. So know that you simply will need to drive a while to recharge your battery. Otherwise, if you cut the engine of your ford c-max too quickly and switch on the radio it’ll not last long.
Why Does Energy Saving Mode Activate On Ford C-Max?
Today, vehicles are increasingly equipped with electronic components that use tons of energy to power your car. However, without a sufficient amount of energy: 12 volts, you’ll not be ready to light up your vehicle. So it’s essential that your C-Max battery always conserves electricity.
Auto Activate Ford C-Max Battery Energy Saving Mode.
Be aware that although this mode may be a little annoying, it ensures you conserve energy in your car. As a rule, this message is displayed after half-hour of using accessories like the radio without the engine being started. However, this might vary depending on the number of accessories activated on your ford c-max. Because it’ll consume more or less energy and thus you’ll get the message instead. An alternative choice, it’s also possible that it lights up enough when your battery is low.
Then if this message comes on once you activate your car, you ought to be alert to a few battery problems. We recommend you modify it at once or have it checked during a garage.
Finally: It’s impossible to deactivate the energy-saving mode of your ford c-max because it’s automatic. On the opposite hand, in the event that the latter lights up frequently, this will signal a battery problem. We recommend that you simply check it quickly as you’ll get stuck.
How long does a Ford C-Max Battery Life Last?
The ford C Max battery lifespan depends on the right sizing of the battery bank, depth of discharge, sort of loads, battery maintenance regime, ambient temperature, and charging algorithm.
Generally, a car battery will have a service life of 3 to 5 years. If a load test on A battery reveals a big reduction within the capacity of the battery to supply power. So you’ll experience dimmer headlights and other negative effects. Before you’ve got a dead battery to fail completely in your Ford C-Max that you simply need to replace.
C-Max Hybrid and C-Max Energi Battery Difference.
Some 16 C-Max Energi and focus electric vehicles built on or before 4/18/16. May have a 12-volt or high voltage battery with a coffee state of charge and an intermittent battery draw. C-Max Battery capacity 35 Amp Hour Battery type lead-acid battery voltage (volts) 12 Product Height 7-1/4 in.
On top of low prices, Advance Auto Parts offers 0 different trusted brands on the 17 Ford C-Max Battery products. They provide high-performance Ford replacement (IMA) hybrid battery packs for Ford Fusion Hybrid. Ford Escape Hybrid and Ford C-Max are all make and models. Well if that’s still the reality then the Ford C-Max Energi’s battery pack.
The Ford C-Max Hybrid is a combination of gas and electric hybrid which are capable of seating up to five people. The Ford C-Max Energi is an all-electric version of the C-Max.
Both C-Max versions offer many of the same feature options. You’ll get a nice vehicle to enjoy, whichever you choose.
The most common difference is Engine, If you have an electric engine you can go very long like every seven-hour per charge of 19 miles. But requires a long time for refueling. On the other hand, hybrid engine refills very quickly and you can stay road for long stretches of time without refueling breaks for a long time.
Also, other differences are the C-Max Energi compared to the C-Max hybrid are great options for daily driving that protect the environment.